|The Tudors||19th Century Railways||the Making of the UK|
The original railway station at Liverpool was at Crown Street. In addition to the passenger station with its offices, waiting rooms and overall roof there was also goods facilities and accommodation for coal merchants. In 1836 Crown Street was relegated to a goods and engineering maintenance depot.
Thomas Bury, Liverpool Crown Street Station (1831)